Vista Delayed Again

kcnychief said:
And with the addition of your Exchange server of late, I would assume synchronizing your e-mail is a breeze :D

Is XP x64 ready for full-time use? I have tinkered with switching to it, but not really sure how I feel about it yet.
Yeah, I just added on the Exchange part to the end of my post. :D

I haven't had any issues with XP x64 at all (apart from the fact that Microsoft still hasn't released a version of Windows Desktop Search that installs on it!). As long as you have drivers for all your hardware, it's all good. 95% of all your 32-bit apps should also work with it, unless they use shell extensions or kernel-mode drivers, in which case you'll have to install the 64-bit versions, if available, or find alternatives.

Meh, I'll stick with XP x32 for now, but maybe next time I do a format I'll give it a try.

I have to admit though, I have been thinking about it for awhile but your recent posting/excitement/enthusiasm has convinced me to setup exchange.

What is the advantage to setting up an exchange server? Faster email retreival? I dunno.

Yeah, I don't know if you'll really notice any difference switching to XP x64. I just installed it because I had a copy and since everything worked, I never really looked back.

Now Exchange, on the other hand, is totally worth it. Set one up, then go buy a WM5 phone and watch the magic unfold. :p

Haha, I think we just managed to take this thread completely off-topic. Not like there's anything to discuss about Vista delays anyway...they've become a part of life by now. :D

Well in Kunal's case, he has a smartphone/PDA so he can get e-mail on the go since Windows Mobile allows you to sync with it.

But in other cases, if you were setting it up at home, you can keep e-mail syncrhonized between a few machines.

Me personally, I want OWA :cool: - which I believe Mr. NetRyder uses as well. I just need access to my contacts/calendars wherever I want :smoker:

^ Lots of stuff. Expect a big post from Kunal in a bit :p

I've been looking at the phone for Verizon, which I posted about in your other thread.

I'm thinking about it, but it's a bit costly atm. Maybe when I get exchange setup I'll think about it, but that's probably a few weeks off :ermm:

Grandmaster said:
^ Lots of stuff. Expect a big post from Kunal in a bit :p
Nah, don't have enough time for any long posts this week, man. Midterms coming up on Monday, and a few project submissions at the end of the week. So the blog post from last week is all I have for now.

But, to keep it short, Exchange 2003 + Outlook 2003 + OWA + Windows Mobile 5 = rocking combo. :D

How about you make me an account on your OWA so I can play? :D

Grandmaster said:
...not good man...not good at all.

What do you mean, this is great news?

I am still trying to figure out why doing little other than adding a new GUI has taken 5+ years.

j79zlr said:

I am still trying to figure out why doing little other than adding a new GUI has taken 5+ years.
Because you're incredibly ill informed?

yeah it has some new games too.

Really tho, as long as I get it this year...screw consumers :p

Dumbf&%k said:

Khayman said:
Because you're incredibly ill informed?

LOL you made my day Khayman....

So what happens to those with this as their main OS on machines, their sub or beta liceanse expires before they can buy it, rendering the machine useless untill. A) it is released. B) they buy another OS and install it.

I'm glad that I didn't jump in on this beta.

On a side note did anyone else get offers for taking MS cert tests for free?

Steevo, even if the release date does get pushed back, that doesn't mean beta testers will stop receiving new builds. :) So far, MS has been pretty consistently delivering one new build every month, so the timebomb will just get pushed back too.

Besides, it's kinda silly to use a Vista beta build as your only OS anyway. I'm dual-booting with XP x64, so if the timebomb ever expires and there are no new builds, I nuke my Vista partition and go back to XP. No loss.

I want to be a betatester....this would be a perfect time to do it because I am in the middle of setting up a new computer

I have to agree with Kunal that MS has been consistent in pushing out new builds, and it's not so much as Beta x comes out and then expires the Beta before it. There usually is a bit of a grace period in between, similar to how you have 14 days to register/activate the Beta once you have installed it.

That being said, has anyone heard anything else about the delay? Am catching up on some reading from the last few days, seems like MS is denying it atm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back