Vista Beta 2 - Flickering

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I finally installed Vista B2 but damn does my monitor flicker like a bitch, I assume it's my drivers. Anyone else have any issues like this?

I have AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core, 4200+, NVIDIA GeForce 6100.

No I didn't. I'm running XP and Vista on one PC, dual boot, will those drivers mess with my XP partition?

No I didn't. I'm running XP and Vista on one PC, dual boot, will those drivers mess with my XP partition?
Drivers are independent to the OS, in the sense that drivers loaded within Vista would only apply when in Vista, and drivers loaded within XP would only load within XP, etc.

Good Luck getting those drivers installed. I have tried numerous times, following directions from different locations on the net. No good....
My monitor also fickers (bottom right corner). The Nvidia drivers will not "automatically" load or load through the setup (32/64bit). I have even tried to manually copy and paste after expanding the Nvidia file and digging into the "driver(s)" folder. No Luck. I can use both monitors but cannot get the Nvidia drivers to load so I can independently control each monitor. The "personalize" is not cutting it.

If anyone else knows a way, I'd be game to try.

Alienware A51, 2GB OCZ, 3.0GHz Intel P4, Gforce 5600 Ultra/128MB, Dual Monitor, blah, blah, blah...

Jewelzz - this is basic but I'll ask anyway. Have you checked the refresh rate? Even with primitive drivers it should be an option under display- settings-advanced-monitor. 70Hz or higher is desirable.

Sometimes they default to 60Hz when you do an install.

No I haven't LeeJend, I'll do that over the weekend. Have to work tomorrow and don't get much time to do anything those days. Thanks for the input :)

Not really my area of expertise, but doesn't turning the refresh rate too high damage the hardware?

I know 70 isn't high, but the way you put it "70Hz or higher is desireable" could lead someone to believe using the highest their hardware can support is best.

Jewelzz - this is basic but I'll ask anyway. Have you checked the refresh rate? Even with primitive drivers it should be an option under display- settings-advanced-monitor. 70Hz or higher is desirable.

Sometimes they default to 60Hz when you do an install.

I was thinking the same thing LeeJend when I started reading the thread. I ran into same problem a while back with refresh rate with Suse 10 getting the flickering. Lowered the refresh rate to 60 and no more problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back