Virtual Desktop Manager Powertoy for XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Eve, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Eve

Eve Guest

Believe me I know how stupid I'm going to sound for asking this question, but here goes:

I've just downloaded the virtual desktop manager powertoy for XP from the microsoft site and I can't find it *lol* :eek: Yes I know, I am so stupid. It lists it in add/remove programs and I have tried repairing it just in case but I can't find it anywhere. It's not in Control Panel, C:/, Windows, Program Files, Start Menu, All Programs menu, desktop properties, and on and on and on. You get the picture.

It didn't come with any documentation. I just downloaded it, and clicked on the setup file, even watching it install didn't give any indication of where it was going.

I was just wondering if anyone else has used it, and obviously enough, WHERE IS IT? Or if I just downloaded a dogy copy and should uninstall and try again?

Thanks for not laughing too much. :rolleyes:

Eve

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Rightclick your taskbar, go to toolbars and click on Desktop Manager.

3. Eve

Eve Guest

Thanks Yoyo. HOw stupid am I? *lol* Seriously though you'd think they'd tell you how to use it, I mean we're not all psycic (can't spell). I gather though this is something like desktop architect for win98? god I miss that program. except it lets you choose from 4 different themes. Or something like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I thought that was what I was downloading.

4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

You are not stupid... you just didnt know. Thats not stupid. You were smart enough to at least ask. Most ppl dont do that.

5. Eve

Eve Guest

Thanks Pseudokiller. :)

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

The program is well hidden. I remember there was an explanation how to find it in the old Powertoy set. VDM lets you create up to four different desktops, with different wallpapers and different windows opened in it. Don't know Desktop Architect so can't tell if it is similar.

7. Eve

Eve Guest

Thanks guys for your help.