video question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mooo, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. mooo

    mooo thecyberninja

    Ok. The tv in my room has become somewhat broken. The cable input is broken and doesn't work i guess. Instead of buying a new TV would this work?
    buy a tv turner card and I use video out already so just use that video input from the card and direct output to the TV. Would this work? and how much of a quality loss would be done to a 27inch tv?
  2. muzikool

    muzikool Act your wage. Political User

    1) Are you sure that the input is broken and that the cable isn't bad?

    2) If it's just the cable input, you could probably get it fixed for cheap. Actually, you could probably even do it yourself.

    3) If you have coax in and composite or s-video out on your PC, then that will work. I don't know what quality differences you would have though.