Video Playback Help Help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DAZZ, Nov 26, 2002.

1. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

Help Help

why is it when i play certain videos, the video blinks, like goes black, goes to normal, goes black, goes to normal....

how can i fix it, i got a movie from kazaa, and i really want to watch it, this never happened before??????

plzzzz heeeeeeeeeelp!
  2. Nickp

Nickp Guest

The only time I've seen this happen is when the spec of the computer has been to low to run the video happily. Other than that I don't know of anything offhand that could be causing your problem.
  3. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

what, i had this computer for like 2 and a half years, never had a problem like this....

i think it started when i installed the new nvidia drivers :(

any way i can fix this??
  4. Nickp

Nickp Guest

Go back to the drivers that work, just because drivers are newer doesn't mean they're always better :)

When choosing drivers try all the different versions you can get your hands on and pick the ones with the least problems/fastest frame rates.
  5. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

i cant goto the driver before i installed this one, i reinstalled windowsxp, then installed new driver :(( :( :(

any other ideaz :D :D
  6. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

vancouver, bc
    you can still go back to the old drivers. go to the control panel, >> click system >> click the hardware tab >> click the 'device manager' tab >> double click your video card >> click the driver tab >> and click the 'roll back' button. and reboot.

good luck

EDIT: what version of detonators are you using now???
  7. Nickp

Nickp Guest

You can usually find older versions of drivers around. If you've still got the driver CD that came with your card you could try those, else look on Nvidias site to see if the keep an archive of older versions of detonators.

Failing all that you could probably do with upgrading your computer if you've had it for 2 1/2 years :)

What spec is it by the way?
  8. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

nvidia 40.72 driver

got a nvidia tnt2 m64 pentium 800mHz 386mb RAM

that my spec

9. Nickp

Nickp Guest

No problem.

The spec of your machine should run videos fine, just tweak the drivers until your happy with them.
  10. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

how do i tweak it to make it not blink??

i think i found some more info, the video only blinks liek that if its compressed, divx, xvid, wmv, ect....

any other ideaz peoples???? :(:(:(
  11. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    download and install a new divx video codec pack
  12. jhbrown

jhbrown Guest

thats my thought too, a majority of the movies I find on Kazaa are DIVX avi's. A great many will not play correctly on windows media player. Get the divx codec bundle, and try opening the movie in the divx Player instead.

good luck
  13. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

hmm played the samemovie on my other computer woks perfecr:(
  14. egghead

egghead Double O Egghead

use the old windows media player version 6.4

its in your C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe

it works better because its not bulky and is not heavily supporting digital copy protection