Video Game sales up 7% in December

N

neo1980

Late last year, analysts were all throwing around doom and gloom predictions regarding videogame stocks. With December figures in, U.S. videogame sales were up 7% from a year earlier according to a Reuters report
Analysts also said total game software sales for 2002 were up 21 percent over 2001, and total retail sales for the industry, including hardware and software, rose 10 percent. Total sales for the year, were said to have reached a record $10.3 billion.

Despite the 21 percent rise, some analysts still expected an estimated growth of as much as 25 percent, and many see sales dropping off due to "deteriorating consumer spending conditions".

EA and THQ had a good December, with sales increases of 18 and 25 percent, respectively. Activision didn't fare quite as well, with a decrease in sales of 22 percent. Tony Hawk 4 did not perform as well as hoped, and other Activision titles released around the holidays didn't really help much.

The PlayStation 2 was host to 13 of the top 20 best selling games, with the remaining 5 on the Game Boy Advance, along with one each for the Xbox and GameCube.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2003&m=1&nid=21-49.db

Maybe with the sales going up, they will bring the prices down a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back