Video Card

P

poodle

Ok everyone, I need some input...

I have a Voodoo 3 Video Card. I am 99.9% sure it is causing my system to reboot with out warning. So, what I need is some good ideas for a replacement video card.

One that is great, but I won't need to take out a loan to get....

I am using a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 420GS 19" Monitor.

Thanks for all the ideas...

:D

There are good deals out there on GForce 3 Ti 200/500 and also ATI Radeon 8500. The GF4 is the bomb, but at present it is VERY expensive. Do not get the GF4 MX. It supports the features of GF4 but only has the speed somewhere between a GF2 and GF3. I bought a GF3 Ti 200 for 240.00 canadian and overclocked it to Ti 500 levels and love it.

for $60, you can get a geforce2 gts 32mb... much faster than any gf2 mx. for $100 you can get a geforce3 ti 200. for $200 you can get a geforce4 ti 4200. all are great deals. www.pricewatch.com is king. be sure to order out of state to avoid sales tax. :)

also, geforce4 mx is same features and speed as a geforce2, so stay clear of those.

it is probably overheating or there's a short circuit somewhere... that triggers when your card overheats

add a fan to it, which allows u to overclock it if u wanted too :)

Originally posted by DeepBlade
it is probably overheating or there's a short circuit somewhere... that triggers when your card overheats

add a fan to it, which allows u to overclock it if u wanted too :)

I do have a fan over the card. I have not overclocked it though.

regarding your reboot situation, your system is either overheating or it could be a failing video card.

what else are you running your computer? if you have too many components that are power gobblers, your PS might not be able to handle the load.

regarding a new video card, geforce 4 mx are pretty much usually. your pretty off buying a geforce 3 ti-200 or ti-500. those wont set you back too much, because of the launch of the new ge4 cards.

A Geforce3Ti200 was my choice last week. Excellant card.

Originally posted by poodle
I have a Voodoo 3 Video Card. I am 99.9% sure it is causing my system to reboot with out warning.
Turn off the auto reboot option in the system->advanced->startup and recovery options. Next time it will give you a blue screen error. Copy down the error and stop code that it gives you. Post that here. We can go from there.

Re: Re: Video Card

Originally posted by xsivforce
Turn off the auto reboot option in the system->advanced->startup and recovery options. Next time it will give you a blue screen error. Copy down the error and stop code that it gives you. Post that here. We can go from there.

Thanks X. I will do that.....

I don't care what Jewelzz says about you....

Also make sure you goto www.voodoofiles.com and download some of the voodoo drivers there, some are better then others and work on a per user/computer basis so one of them might stop your reboots.

Xsivforce:

Here you go:

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Tech

Stop: 0X00000050
(0X82DB1568, 0X00000001, 0X8052EBD4, 0X00000000)

Check here first poodle. It will give you an idea. Have you installed any new hardware recently?

This fault can occur due to a variety of error conditions, such as bugs in antivirus software, a corrupted NTFS volume, or faulty hardware (typically related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Hmmmm i used to have a similar problem with my comp, it was due to a overheating problem caused by a faulty psu.
U could well have the same problem.
And if you dont i would got with a 128mb 8500LE AGP preforms better than a 128mb gf3 Ti200.
But if u really want to splash out buy a 128mb visiontek gf4.

if you are going to upgrade components then goto the MS catalog, there is a link in your start menu -> programs look at the top.

Check there for completely compatible hardware, i did this and now have stable rig, more stable now that I got rid of my screwy IBM hard drive.

Originally posted by poodle

I have a Voodoo 3 Video Card. I am 99.9% sure it is causing my system to reboot with out warning. So, what I need is some good ideas for a replacement video card.

One that is great, but I won't need to take out a loan to get....

I am using a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 420GS 19" Monitor.

Thanks for all the ideas...

I had an Voodoo3 2000 and worked just fine in xp . Sure , drivers weren't the glad selection but some strategies worked . No , i have and GF4MX440 by MSI and is the best choice i've ever had .

i have a voodoo 3 3000 PCI
and yes, i did noticed resets that didn't happen b4 when i had my other video card working.... so yes, firstly, it is the voodoo card causing it

.....but u just have to be careful what u run, IE, i used to be able to run project64 with my old video card, but now, when i run it, the system just resets!

Didn't read the whole thread...just to put this in, GeForce 4's are expensive yes, for the Ti ones anyway...except the Ti4200, which can be had retail for around $150, and they out-perform the GF3 Ti500...but get I would stick with Visiontek, MSI, and Gainward cards...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back