Video Card install???

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Shamus MacNoob, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Hey all!! I need to know how to install my tnt2 nvidia pci 16mb card I have a v72ma-1a motherboard(ibm) with the ati on board crap.... anyone know how to set the jumpers on the board to stop reading the ATI and allow me to add the pci card I looked in the bios and see that I can reset the pnp settings and all that jazz please need a hand with this:confused: :confused:

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

your bios should have a option for onboard devices or special features where you can turn off the on board video...if it doesn't it would be the first i've ever seen that actually required a jumper change to disable it and for that you would need to consult your mobo manual or contact the maker

3. Shamus MacNoob

Thanks

Seems it is a hardware conflict just wont go tried all I could thanks just the same gonna look for another card for this pos LOLOL:)

4. Shamus MacNoob

Thanks

Yes found the disable in bios, thanks but the card was wacked after all !! so getting a new card the mobo and rest are fine runs like a charm just need to juice the graphics a tad :cool:

5. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

uhh

sorry to say but that tnt2 nvidia pci 16mb , wont juice up too much. also dont get a pci card get an agp card. you will get a huge performance increase....that is if your mobo has an agp slot.
    ;)

6. Shamus MacNoob

Yeah I know but!!

Compared to the 4mb on board crappy ATI I think a 16 mb velocity 4400 will be a vast improvment I dont have an AGP slot on this board ....... I am collecting parts (new) one at a time building myself a new puter just dont have the $ to get it all in one and I prefere to pick and choose my stuff. for now a 16mb will be a step up :D

7. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

hehe

ya your certainly right about that, i never looked at it that way, hehe. good luck....;)