Very Wierd FTP Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jason, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Jason

Jason I'm Just Me!

When my Pocket PC is in it's cradle (connect to the desktop pc) i can't connect to any ftp sites on the desktop pc.

However when i remove it, i attempt to connect to an ftp site and it works.

This is the log from wsftp pro when i attempt to connect when the pocket pc is in the cradle:

It is not just wsftp that does this, it any program which uses ftp. E.g. i cannot download from ftp addresses in my browsers or download managers while it is in the cradle.

Im really confused. :confused:

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

connect to glaanieboy.dyndns.org with user test and password test. This way I can see my logs for any strange things that might popup during connection. Note, this FTP dir is empty and will be removed after we have finished testing.

3. Jason

Jason I'm Just Me!

ok, attempted to connect @ 15:05 to your site, i get the same error as above,

4. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

You did not login using the user and password I provided in my previous post (both 'test'). Please try again.

5. Jason

Jason I'm Just Me!

I forgot to enter a user + pass on my first try. Then i tried with the user and pass and it gave the error above. Then i restarted my pc and now it will let me on. Wierd :confused:

Thanks very much for your help though, i'll let you know if it happens again.

6. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

OK, no problem :)

7. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

sounds like pasv mode is on and they have port forwarding enabled. turn off pasv mode and see if it happens

8. Jason

Jason I'm Just Me!

turn it off where?