Verizon image

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by MikeCheck, Apr 5, 2006.

1. MikeCheck

MikeCheck OSNN One Post Wonder

Does anyone have the Verizon gif image (from the small screen when the phone is open). I deleted mine and figured that maybe I should keep it on my computer just in case I ever need to switch it back.

2. walter9258

walter9258 Verizon Hater

luckily I saved mine

Attached Files:

3. kritik

kritik OSNN One Post Wonder

Where is the file so I can delete mine :)

4. walter9258

walter9258 Verizon Hater

a/mobile/verizon.gif BUT... NEVER DELETE VERIZON.GIF!!!! you can use bitpim to replace it with whatever you want or use http://telusv3c.blogspot.com/ to seem edit and use another name for the graphic, but DO NOT DELETE IT... to tell you the truth, I'm not really sure why you can't delete it, because I think it just reverts back to the stock motorola graphic, but I've seen DO NOT DELETE in caps and bold many times, so as a good rule of thumb, just don't do it.

5. kritik

Must be different on the V3c cuz i don't have anything in that DIR on the phone.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  6. kritik

Alright, word to the wise, I'm still learning here but I discovered that if you delete the customer_opening.gif and closing.gif with BitPim and upload new ones it will not work. If you find urself in this scenario and want to change your animations for shutdown and start up use p2k commander and replace the files. This will work as I discovered however now the customer pics are showing up in the pictures folder and are un deleteable from phone. Arg.

Chris.

7. walter9258

walter9258 Verizon Hater

as a general rule, you shouldn't delete or add new files with bitpim.. for some reason it doens't work correctly 90% of the time. use bitpim to overwrite files and p2kcommander to delete and add new files.

8. walter9258

walter9258 Verizon Hater

we're talking about the Verizon V3c, so it should be in that folder.. I didn't have bitpim open in front of me at the time, but I'm pretty sure that's the folder the pic was in.

9. kritik

I'm using a Telus V3c. The folder is empty but I did seem edit and put an lcd.gif and it worked so I'm happy it doesn't say, "Telus" anymore with that really cheesey font.

10. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

haha dont delete the pic on you phone, if you want to customize it then you need to overwrite the orginal wiht a new pic. I think mike check prob deleted it off his computer right.

Attached Files:

11. kritik

Yeah, I realize u gotta overwrite the pics now. Aw well, live and learn I guess, I was just eager to get everything how I wanted it, I should have read more.
    Everything is good to go now though, still can't seem to figure out why customer_opening.gif and customer_closing.gif are in my actual "Pictures" section under media. Driving me nuts.

12. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

yeah....i noticed that on mine too, i guess that a tirck verizon did so that you wont delete there pics, i think if you try to delete the pics it will make you delete them all...

13. walter9258

walter9258 Verizon Hater

yeah, the Telus phones (from what I understand) use the text mode for the outer lcd.. so you were correct in doing the seem edit to allow a pic. good job