V92 Modem

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have just bought a V92 Modem but i cannot get it to take phone calls whilest online. Is there a setting i have to change , i have call waiting through BT, do i need to switch this off. When the phone has been dialed the modem stops working but the telephone doesn't ring. any ideas?

when you are using a dialup modem the phoneline becomes engaged. I think there are tools which will notify you that someone is trying to call, but I cant remember where to find those.
If you have BT 1571 then if you get a call while online it will be diverted to that, but as that creates a false dialtone, you will be unable to dialout either by phone or modem until those messages have been checked.
The telephone not ringing and causing the modem to disconnect could be a result of not enough power being availble on the line, you might want to get BT to check that.

brocher go to your V92 manufacturer's website and see if they give you a link to how to configure that beast. Now if you get an incoming call with the V.92 don't you have to d/c from the net in order to take the call?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back