uxtheme.dll Automatically Overriding

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by rezacentral, Jul 29, 2002.

1. rezacentral

rezacentral Guest

I've been having some trouble recently with my uxtheme.dll/winxp themes. I've hacked the file (a while back), and replaced it successfully, although as soon as I restart or turn off the computer and turn it back on, the hacked gets replaced with the original. I've tried this multiple times, and the same happens each time. My themes work until I turn off the computer.

2. Aymen

Aymen Guest

read the attached txt file which contains the detailed steps to use uxthemepatcher successfuly.
  3. theone1

theone1 Guest

andyp has made his own patcher,works fine for me:)
  4. rezacentral

rezacentral Guest

I've followed the directions, I've used the uxthemepatcher and I've hacked the file manually myself, and have replaced files and have removed extra files, although the same thing happens. The themes work the first time I get into windows, but after a restart or a power cycle, the file reverts to the original from the hacked. This problem only recently started, I had no problem with my hacked file a couple of weeks ago.

5. theone1

theone1 Guest

maybe its getting replaced with a backup,try deleting the backup in dllcache-%systemroot%\system32\dllcache
  6. Antallica

Antallica w00t

Yes I had the same problem a few months back.......... delete the uxtheme.dll backup in the dllcache folder. Worked for me :D
  7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Santa Clara, CA
    andyp has made his own patch as theone1 pointed out... a lot easier to use... he will probably release it with the big relaunch of the site in a few days..