UT2003 crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by OTE, Jan 20, 2003.

1. OTE

OTE Guest

After finishing a level the game crashes to desktop, but its still in the taskbar, by clicking on it the game comes back to life. Its not a major problem but it does get annoying.

ATi 8500 retail not o/ced
    ATi Catalyst 3.0 and 4012(i think) control pannel
    UT2003 full game with 2166 patch
    DX8.1

Whilst upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0 i completely removed the old drivers inc. from registry.

Cheers

2. WinXPMan

WinXPMan Guest

You might want to install the older drivers that came with the Unreal Tournament 2003 CD3. That game is very particular about what drivers are installed.

3. Burpster

Burpster Guest

didnt MS release a patch for this problem??

4. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

yeah it's the OS not the game.
    you need to see what is running in the background too.

5. OTE

OTE Guest

ok, thanks for the replys. where can i get this patch? do i just go to the microsoft website and search for UT2003 patch or what? thanks again.

6. Burpster

Burpster Guest

its just a general patch for games crashing to desktop i believe

7. OTE

OTE Guest

yeh, but where can i get it :p

8. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i think i mentioned MS :)

9. OTE

OTE Guest

in deed it was but what sort of search would you recommend doing on thier website for the patch, ive gone through windows up date and am completely up to date.

10. WinXPMan

WinXPMan Guest

That patch that was mentioned was for Windows XP? What Windows are you running?

11. OTE

OTE Guest

im running XP. Strange thing is i payed it for a bit and now i doesnt crash at all. Very strange, i hadnt restarted or anything since last posting. Very Strange indeed but theat Wincrap "insert version here" for you.:D :p