ut annoying sound

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by canadian_divx, Feb 28, 2003.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

annoying high pitch sound when i was playing a map from ut2k3, it would get louder and louder then it just started to hurt my ears.
    when i restart the game it is fine for a wile. i have the latest updtes for my adugiy card and all the right eax stuff, does anyone know why this might be happening, and oh yea i have the latest ut2k3 patch

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I actually get sounds like that as well in a coupla games I have played recently...

I thought it was my headphones but when I switched my speakers on it was there as well...

thus far I have narrowed it down to playing games while unintentionally leaving mirc on in the background... when I get beeped there it buggers up the sound... not all the time mind... but ever since i started turning off mirc when playing games... I have been getting no more high pitched sounds... perhaps it is a related background app thats causing the probs for you ?

3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I find UT has alot of problems with it's implementation of EAX. Try turning EAX off in the game options and see if the sound goes away

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

hrmm I play UT2k3 with mIRC running (beeping on) EAX and all that shiz, works fine. I only reinstalled it about a week ago now, so that could be a reason