using dual monitors

B

bmxjt

ok, I have a Radeon 7000/Radeon VE (32mb) card. I am trying to use dual monitors for the first time today. I got a DVI to VGA adapter and hooked both monitors up. One monitor is dell 21" (main) and I have a few others that are old 12" and 15". I have tried both of the others and every time, the OTHER monitor is all screwy. It will show like 2-3 small version of the screen AT ONCE while my main monitor looks fine. i've adjusted the sizes of both in basically all combo's I can think of and still have yet to find a solution.

any help would be great, thanks!

Originally posted by bmxjt
ok, I have a Radeon 7000/Radeon VE (32mb) card. I am trying to use dual monitors for the first time today. I got a DVI to VGA adapter and hooked both monitors up. One monitor is dell 21" (main) and I have a few others that are old 12" and 15". I have tried both of the others and every time, the OTHER monitor is all screwy. It will show like 2-3 small version of the screen AT ONCE while my main monitor looks fine. i've adjusted the sizes of both in basically all combo's I can think of and still have yet to find a solution.

any help would be great, thanks!

all I can think is you have to play around with your settings in your control panel concerning dual monitor..

btw... what operating system are you using?

you can try newer versions of hydravision to see if it helps or use a 3rd party app such as ultramon...

Those old monitors may not be abble to handle default xp resolutions of 800x600. I run into this quite often repairing machines that are old. If you can use hydravisionn to set the second monitor to 480x 600 give it a shot.

i'm running XP. and thanks, I'll try running the hydravision.

i'm running XP. and thanks, I'll try running the hydravision.

just fyi... I had some problems with some apps spanning my monitors using hydravision... and ultramon handled it for me well :)

comptech was right about possibly the montiors you are using not being able to support what you are trying to do (ie through native res) but keep us posted... the more you post after trying things out.. the more we can learn/help you :)

cheers... and g.luck

-edit-

btw here is ultramon link

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

ok, i installed the trail version of Ultrman and set it to 600x480. Seems o be working well. thanks all!

ok, i installed the trail version of Ultrman and set it to 600x480. Seems o be working well. thanks all!

kewl.. keep us posted :)

Im running dual monitors at work on WIn2000 without a hitch. Same video card @ 2560

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back