Using administrator priveleges on a limited account...?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by CelicaMan94, Apr 9, 2004.

1. CelicaMan94

CelicaMan94 OSNN Junior Addict

I have 4 different accounts on my computer, with mine being the only administrator account. My roomies have managed to get so much spyware and bullcrap on their accounts that their internet doesn't work, along with some other things. I know it's spyware because other applications that use the internet connect fine. Only IE is affected. Well, I've tried using Systemworks, Ad-Aware, and some other progs under their accounts with no success. I even tried changing their accounts to administrator accounts, but the programs still ask for an administrator. Is there any way I can log in on a limited account and have administrator access?

2. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

you can run specific programs as administrator:

hold down the shift key and right click on a shortcut (or executable) and click run as...

i think you can manage from there :D

another thing you might check...if you installed adaware before they were administrators, you might check registry entries related to adaware. the registry has security permissions similar to the permissions of files on an NTFS formatted drive. they may not have read permissions to necessary registry entries.