User Profiles

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by TR!GG3R, Jun 27, 2002.

1. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

i was playin gta 3 when it crashed i couldent do anything but press the reset button so i do the it goes through the things to start windoze then all ov a sudden a popup comes sayin my user profile is currupt :mad: :confused: so i click ok 2 times then im introduced to windoze default theme and everything back to normal as if a clean install lost everything :mad: so has this happened to any 1 b4 ? if so any ideas wot causes it/them

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

have you tried doing a system restore to like the day before the crash or something?

sounds very weird... but windows does sometimes revert to a basic desktop on recovery...

3. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

what file system are you running? I'd be a surprised if you got corruption running ntfs.

4. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

useing xp pro with fat32 n i always turn system restore off to save space :(

5. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Well, I can only suggest that you make the transition to ntfs. System restore can only do so much... corruption takes a heavy toll sometimes.

I've been running the same installtion for over 6 months now... on many occasions (50 at least) I've had to do a manual reset because I couldn't properly shutdown. Sometimes chkdsk will run but I haven't lost one byte of data. I'm absolutely sold on ntfs.