Usb Woes

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ladedah, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Ladedah

Ladedah Guest

I'm only starting my 3rd week with XP Pro... but I've really had my hands full trying to get anything USB to work... My Lexar Compact Flash card reader with their latest updated drivers for XP keeps setting off the "New Device Detected" wizard and then crashes the system... My USB Network bridge ain't "bridging and I gave up trying to connect my scanner right from the start!
    I heard that XP & USB are not friendly... is this true?
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Not true. You must have issues somewhere. Have you been to MS to see if it is compatable with xp, your usb stuff that is?
  3. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I have had XP Pro since it first came out and have used a USB scanner, mouse, and joystick all with no problems.
  4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

L'Ile Perrot Quebec
    not true

Its the other way around XP is super usb friendly I had all kinds of trouble in win98 with different usb set ups but on XP not a hitch I can run my web cam , joystick, steering wheel, mouse, keyboard, anything and everything seems to work fine
  5. daddyo

daddyo OSNN Addict

I have XP pro and have had absolutely no problem with USB. I'm currently running a USB mouse, keyboard and graphics tablet. All work flawlessly.
  6. hmdejong

hmdejong Guest

What type of system and USB do you have?

I have a friend with a new computer with USB 2.0 and a VIA chipset on his motherboard. Only after installing the latest
    VIA 2.44 USB drivers would all his USB equipment work.
    (p.s. afterwards he installed SP1 of windows XP - and everything
    didn't work anymore! He changed back to an older setup)
    It could be something like that getting in the way.....