USB - Power surge on hub port ???

Smelly-Finger

OSNN Junior Addict
HELP !!!

I just reinstalled and I keep getting the following message "Power surge on hub port" now my USB ports won't work. How for the weird part I've put in a higher spec PSU so power ain't the prob (unless it fried the ports) I haven't connected anything to the ports so there is no power being used.

I've fiddled about with the power options within the USB Hub properties and XP but to no avail

Anybody any suggestions

is the USB cable from the hub going onto your motherboard or an add on card? (PCI based)

So sorry I should have said it's the USB ports built onto the MoBo.

nothing is connected to it either so there is nothing drawing power so it's really weird.

I've now installed a USB PCI card but any suggestions as to what may be causing the prob would be helpful

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back