usb 2.0 in xp

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jay, Jul 24, 2002.

1. jay

jay Guest

why is usb 2.0 20 times slower than usb 1.1 on my sony laptop.?
    with p3, win xp pro and a 2 or 4 port usb 2.0 cardbus, everything is 20 times slower than usb 1.1? windows sux. bill gate sux.
  2. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

update drivers or buy a better brand card...i have no problems with 2.0...and if you dislike windows so much try Linux/Unix/Mac then tell me how much windows sucks. until you have tried all 3 i dont think anyone can complain
  3. jay

jay Guest

thanks for reply. i do have linux on my computer as well. You sounded like you were offended by me telling ms sux. Are you son of Bill Gates? I dont think so. Because if you were you would not come here and reply me.
    Well no offense but everyone should be free to speak his/her mind here.
  4. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

well you came to a windows site to say windows sucks... seems like alot of work to do nothing
  5. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Arlington, TX
    I have a sony laptop too. From what I have found, make sure your power profiles are not interferring with your USB 2.0. My notebook is all USB 1.1, but I do have 2 i.Link ports that are controlled via the power profiles. When I initially bought it, the i.Link was set for max battery life which had it running slower than the USB ports!
  6. jay

jay Guest

i come here everyday since oct. 25 2001.