US military pondered love not war

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Evil Marge, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

BBC News

When I first read this I thought it was something silly idea they'd come up with in the 40's or 50's but it was only 1994 :laugh: :laugh:

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I'm never suprised by how much time and money the military is prepared to waste :)

3. Evil Marge

I know,it would have cost $7.5m if they'd gone through with it :rolleyes:

4. Scooter

Scooter Random Apple Dude

Dam it! I was just about to post that link ... :p ...

I wanna roll my eyes at these "plans" - but to be honest, not much that the american goverment do is eye rolling any more... really... is it...?

5. Evil Marge

Hah scooter I beat you :lick: Nice to see another North Easterner though :laugh:

6. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Weird. [​IMG]

7. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

It was proposed and not pursued. I don't see anything wrong with brainstorming.

:laugh:

8. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Experimentation is how they make all their neat stuff. Personally, I think this "gay bomb" would be great Leave it to the Air Force to invent Weapons of Mass Hilarity.

9. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

According to a story in the Chicago Sun-Times, the war in Iraq has cost $130 billion to date (per the Office of Management and Budget). Given that we invaded Iraq 20 March 2003, that comes to 656 days since the invasion, which in turn equals $198,730,732 per day.

So if something comes out of all the brainstorming and even if it costs $7.5 million to have the entire enemies' forces lay down their arms and wrap their arms around each other - which might preclude a war - then we'd be saving money in the long run!! :cheeky:

10. Evil Marge

I can think of a few bigot's I'd love to drop the "gay bomb" on :laugh:

11. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

The pentagon funded think tank also produced the terrorist stock market, and funding at Lawrence Livermore, originally gave Ronald Reagan the impetus for his Star Wars defense system. hmmmm, War hasn't really changed but the weapons sure have. Still the halitosis bomb is truly legendary in it's comic appeal.

"Oh so sorry , we accidentally bombed North Korea, now they all have squid breath"
    "General, they eat kim chee, who is going to notice?"