US military pondered love not war

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
The US military investigated building a "gay bomb", which would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other, government papers say.
Other weapons that never saw the light of day include one to make soldiers obvious by their bad breath.

The US defence department considered various non-lethal chemicals meant to disrupt enemy discipline and morale.

The 1994 plans were for a six-year project costing $7.5m, but they were never pursued.

The US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals".
Another idea was to develop a chemical causing "severe and lasting halitosis", so that enemy forces would be obvious even when they tried to blend in with civilians.

In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

BBC News

When I first read this I thought it was something silly idea they'd come up with in the 40's or 50's but it was only 1994 :laugh: :laugh:

I'm never suprised by how much time and money the military is prepared to waste :)

Khayman said:
I'm never suprised by how much time and money the military is prepared to waste :)
I know,it would have cost $7.5m if they'd gone through with it :rolleyes:

Dam it! I was just about to post that link ... :p ...

I wanna roll my eyes at these "plans" - but to be honest, not much that the american goverment do is eye rolling any more... really... is it...?

Hah scooter I beat you :lick: Nice to see another North Easterner though :laugh:

Weird.
confused.gif

It was proposed and not pursued. I don't see anything wrong with brainstorming.

:laugh:

Experimentation is how they make all their neat stuff. Personally, I think this "gay bomb" would be great Leave it to the Air Force to invent Weapons of Mass Hilarity.

According to a story in the Chicago Sun-Times, the war in Iraq has cost $130 billion to date (per the Office of Management and Budget). Given that we invaded Iraq 20 March 2003, that comes to 656 days since the invasion, which in turn equals $198,730,732 per day.

So if something comes out of all the brainstorming and even if it costs $7.5 million to have the entire enemies' forces lay down their arms and wrap their arms around each other - which might preclude a war - then we'd be saving money in the long run!! :cheeky:

I can think of a few bigot's I'd love to drop the "gay bomb" on :laugh:

The pentagon funded think tank also produced the terrorist stock market, and funding at Lawrence Livermore, originally gave Ronald Reagan the impetus for his Star Wars defense system. hmmmm, War hasn't really changed but the weapons sure have. Still the halitosis bomb is truly legendary in it's comic appeal.

"Oh so sorry , we accidentally bombed North Korea, now they all have squid breath"
"General, they eat kim chee, who is going to notice?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back