Upgrading plan !

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Howling Wolf, May 14, 2002.

1. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Hi, all !

I'm planning to upgrade my aging specs, but I want to keep my ~400 megs of pc133 sdram.
    Here's what I plan to buy:

Mobo: Asus TUV4X (Tualatin support, VT82C694T chipset, 4 dimms, Ata100, 6 pci, agp 4x,...)

Cpu: Intel P/// 1.26Ghz Tualatin, 0.13ยต

What do you think ? I want this particular mobo (Asus+Via+price), but I stay open to any other choice with the same performance/price level.

Tell me if I'm wrong !

2. dijital

dijital Guest

depends on what you want to do with your new system, otherwise the setup seems okay to me.

personally, i'd get something with ddr support, but you want to keep your sdram so do whats best for you.

3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Djital is right...that system won't last you too long...if your gonna jump it's worth it to get DDR and a newer proc like a p4 or XP...you can find some xp boards with DDR/sdr support so until you can afford some ddr you can use the sdr, but you can't use both at the same time.

4. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Thank you, both of you !
    Yes, I do agree for ddr support but do you know a mobo that supports both ddr and Tualatin cpu ? I'm not against the idea to to invest in AMD, but I'd like to keep my 133 sdram for a little while...

p.s.: I may also consider Asus A7V333 + Athlon XP 1600 + 256 Mo DDR/266.

Your advice is more than welcomed !