updated wrong firmware

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ming, Feb 15, 2005.

1. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

i've last updated my firmware on my linksys wrt54g router quite a while ago but have only just realised that i've updated the device with the wrong firmware.
    i have a v1.0 router and unknowingly updated the firmware with one designed for the v2.0 router.

i'm just wondering what are the major differences between the two different versions of the device and what should i do about what has happened?

i've emailed linksys and they replied me with... "use only the correct firmware version with your device."

Very helpful indeed. :dead:

2. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

is everything working right? sppeds ok? and such if so leave it be. If something is working why fix it hehe. If not then get the orig firmware you need and re-flash it.

you go to love the use the correct email you got lol..

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

4. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

so far nothing has gone wrong, in fact it seems better than the one it came with.

5. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

if nothing is going wrong i woudnt touch it. maybe wait tell a new firmware version for you router comes out then update it. I am very fond of if it isnt broke dont fix it. so. hehe

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Just restore the backup your created. As said, if it works o.k. even in this case better to leave it be.