unlock code question

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Perris Calderon, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

for people that don't have sprint I'm wondering if the data card I have can be unlocked and used with a differant provider.

it's the "cf 2032"

it would only be worth it if your provider has an unlimited internet plan...sprint gives unlimited internet for 10 bucks

anyway, I thought unlocking this to use it with other providers might help some people out

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Again, not sure if I understand your question :)

Unlock codes for phones default to the last 4 digits of your phone number. This covers the phone itself as well as any memory attached to it. If you are regarding a combo that is a PDA/Smartphone, it may be different.

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

that's not what I mean, that's a erpsonal security code you're talking about

a person can take most phones and unlock the software...then use the phone with another provider besides the one it was purchased

for instance if you buy a sprint phone they will tell you it can only be used with sprint cdma...this isn't true, it can be unlocked and used with other providers
    so if this data card can be unlocked and used with other providers a person won't have to switch to sprint to use it

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

haha, looks like I was 0/2 on interpreting your questions :) I can't be of much help on this one, sorry :)