Uninstalling Vista SP1 RC1 (And keeping it that way!)

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ray_gillespie, Feb 3, 2008.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

How the cocking hell do I stop Vista from trying to reinstall SP1? I installed RC1 a few weeks ago by installing a small download from the MS website which told my Windows Update to look for the new SP. Everything was fine, but I decided to take it off in anticipation of the final release which may be just round the corner.

Having uninstalled SP1 however, I have found that Vista keeps trying to to reinstall SP1 through Windows Update, presumably because that file I downloaded from MS is still active.

Does anyone know how I can stop all this rubbish? Reps for help as usual. :)

2. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

KB936330 - think you may have to uninstall that - if its on your pc, if not i think theres a reg change you can do

delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSp1 - think that was it

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  3. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Good call Carpo! All gone :) Thanks man.

EDIT: It seems I've been giving you too many reps recently - remind me in a few days and I'll give you some more then :)

4. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

what seems to be the problem with having it installed?

5. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

He said that he wanted the real deal installed in a couple of days, not the RC1 that he had installed.

Heeter