uninstalling messenger from the add/remove

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cairo, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Cairo

Cairo Guest

hi there

i ahave updated to SP1 beta and now in add remove there is an option for uninstalling messenger

if i try amd uninstall it though it asks me to insert the messenger cd .... i dont have one of these

anyone know how i can uninstall this ( i have it disabled in services but i want the whole thing off my system )

cheers if you can help no worries if you cant

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    You can delete messenger.
    Start-> Run->
    Type -> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Make sure you want to do it before you do. It could affect Outlook Express performance.
  3. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

If you use Outlook Express I wouldn't delete it... it's integrated with OE and slows it's launch time considerably. A good workaround is to rename the executable. Change it from msmsgs.exe to msmsgsoff.exe... this prevents it from launching but has no discernable affect on OE.
  4. pacou

pacou Guest

5. Cairo

Cairo Guest

when i try RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove i get * error unregistering the ocx*

catch 23 --- deffo the messenger cd m8

also to stop the slow performance of outlook once you remove ,messenger open outlook goto tools >> options >> other ad untick instant messaging in outlook .... gets you right back up to speed

i had previously removed messenger but the sp put it right back in there and now i cannot re-remove it :)
  6. pacou

pacou Guest

have you take the html direction ?

have you make the html direction for messenger ?
  7. dijital

dijital Guest

Re: have you take the html direction ?

sorry, i dont understand the question
  8. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Very simple !
    1.First find that hidden files are unchecked
    2. Go to Windows\inf\sysoc.inf

There are some utilities with HIDE ( after ) . Simply delete that " Hide " and save it . Restart PC and messager will appear on add/remove programs !
  9. pacou

pacou Guest

delete the hide only