Uninstall Error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Sage, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Sage

Sage Guest

When ever I try to uninstall a program that is located in the "first" section of the uninstall section of the registry - the section with the strings of numbers rather than the specific program name I get the following error (see attached)
    Does anyone have any ideas about correcting this error so the uninstall will work again. It is important to note that progams with their own uninstall feature work fine. Just those located here in the first section:
    HKEYLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-CurrentVersion-Uninstall-{0ASE4.....

PS: Also reinstalling an application doesn't correct the problem either.

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

HMM use RegCleaner from www.jv16.org go to tools>registry cleanup>Do them all.

but I believe that Norton Utility can repair your regsitry.(if you have it)

3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Did you check if you have the required module at the specified path? It should look like this:

4. Sage

Sage Guest

No go

My folder has all those files plus one additional (ISScriptHandler.DLL)

5. Sage

Sage Guest

Additional info

The programs that are affected are those that use installshield. Funny thing is that they seem to be able to be uninstalled by going to: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information and finding the correct enter for the program you want to uninstall. But I find it odd that going through Add/Remove that it will not work. I've check the registry paths listed and everything seems ok, but I am still no closer to a solution.