Unexpected Reboot - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

F

FourDiceS

I recently Bought: 512 pc2100 ddr ram, msi Gforce 4ti 4200 and a antec 300 watts power supply.

Here's the problem, ever since I bought them I am getting unexpected reboots. I went in the properties to display the error insted of Automatic reboot and when the error happens it reads: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have research this error on microsoft and here is 2 possible causes:

- One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer are faulty, or the memory modules are not compatible with the chip set on your computer mainboard.

- The Page file that is used by the Virtual Memory Manager may be damaged.

To fix this problem I have tried reformating wich would have fixed the virtual memory error and I have also tested my ram with SIMMTESTER witch said my ram was fine. Also, there are no conflics in device manager.

I noticed that this happens when my pc is under heavy load or when i play "americas army".

Anyone have any clue?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Asus a7v-266e with 1015 beta bios
Amd 1700+
1024 pc2100 ddr ram
Soundblaster live 5.1 soundcard
Maxtor 80 gig - Maxtor 120 gig
LG 48X24X48 cd writer X16 dvd

hmm my setup is pretty similar to yours... haf you checked out the heat yet? heat does the same thing to my box... :(

1, your using BETA BIOS....

2, Driver updates are the normal cause ot the error you posted. of course M$ expect you to be 100% up to date with drivers, as of course, there is never anything wrong with M$ certified drivers is there ;)

from what i can see about your specs, get the latest via 4 in 1 drivers from http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

get the latest creative drivers from http://asia.creative.com/scripts/do.../manualdn/Drivers/Others/1926/LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe

also update video drivers, www.nvidia.com
hope some of the above helps. a more detailed PC spec would help though m8 :)

oh and memory stability is helped by overvolting, i think your board supports it.

how does overvolting help with stability? :confused: though that was only when you wanted to do overclocking

depends, if you went out and got a budget stick of ram, there just about capable of doing what they say. just add 0.10+v if the driver updates don't help.

being in this trade for a living, i personally will not buy memory unless it comes from the likes of corsair for myself, as its a guarenteed stick of ram that will run at the timings they quote.

i buy crucial ram for friends and family and customers pc's, its good for standard ram, but they dont test it to the speeds corsair do.

Kingston is a good brand of RAM

TwinMos gets a phat thumbs down from me, your luckey if it runs the timings they quote unless its running the same chipset they use to test it...

OEM memory or the crap that comes with a heatspreader for the same price as cheep ram is normally a reject stick that has been clocked down for stability.. (ie its knackerd anyway but can cope at a lower FSB.. for how long who knows...)

All my drivers are up to date... Im a technitian so I know a little...
The beta bios has always been working alright. I will rollback to 1011 just to make sure.

Anymore suggestions? thanks alot for all your help guys, keep them coming! :)

Oh and for heat. I have One fan on the mobo, one on the video card, 2 case fans, one on the cpu, and one on the powersupply.

My pc is running 54-59 degree in the worst conditions.

Oh, and I did buy cheap ram, but the thing is if it would be the ram wouldn't Simm tester find a problem? the test took at least 1 hour.

well... u using two sticks from two brands? i tried an OEM and a kingston together once... would be lucky to see the XP login...

How do I crank my voltage? Also, did you ever try it or are you just saying it? Because one person on this board told me to change something in the registry and caused my pc not to boot anymore, So before I do anything I want to be sure...

I don't want to be rude it's just some people talk like they know what their doing.

Also, I have 2 ns choice, what should it be set on?

Keep em coming :cool:

hey i haf the same MB as u :D hop over to the bios... there is one where u config your clock speed and multipliers etc? the voltage for your RAM is over there...

not so sure about your beta BIOS, but for mine you will have to turn the configs to manual before u can tune the voltage...

i run my Corsair XMS 3000 at +0.10V from the SPD setting. my ASUS A7V8X has the options in BIOS for overvolting. there is no jumper on my board to allow the memory voltage to be overclocked, the CPU on he otherhand needs a jumper moving before you can make any changes to CPU voltage through BIOS.

My DDR Ram timings run at the fastest the board allows CL2.0-2-2-6 with a waitstate of 1CMD

and this is with ultimate stability on any benchmark. you may also need to physically slow the ram timings down if it's OEM ram, and make sure it runs CL2.5 and not CL2...

hmmm not so sure on that.... guess i will start playing around :D

@gonzo so theres not much of a limit?

@fourdices the A7V266E is complete jumperless if it helps :)

irq problems generally are (thought not limited to) conflicts between one device and another on hte pci bus... incl agp cards...

play around with your sound card and nic card.. if you have one or both... and see if the irq problems disappear (play around == move to other pci slots than the ones they are in currently)

so if u wanna overclock corsair's the best option? man... they don't carry that brand here in Singapore...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back