Underworld

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Sazar, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

nice little flick... saw this last week but did not see a thread on it in the forums :)

kate beckinsale did a good job overall... my best m8 has the uber hots for her... :) but anyways...

special effects are nutty... story is so-so.. having its moments and being a little off in others...

acting... well its interesting... some guys show a total lack of ability... others are pretty decent... kate beckinsale holds it together with her quiet/dark/brooding performance IMO...

the action sequences are decent enough though the small budget for the movie is VERY clearly visible in some of the areas... but it doesn't detract much...

the ending leaves a very, very clear opening for a sequel... it practically SCREAMS for one and it is very likely this will be forthcoming.. specially concerning the small budget of this joint... :)

anyways... onto the rating... I give it 3/5 ntfs stars... barely 3... kate beckinsale in tight leather outfits pushes it over the top.. :cool:

2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Sazar, what part of Tampa Bay?

3. Sazar

currently residing in Odessa.. just off of the suncoast parkway...

4. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

You know New Port Richey (right off US19)?

5. Sazar

yes.. I go to play badminton @ holiday all the time... so I am not too far off of there... I do take 19 down occasionally... you live in new port richey?

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

not been to the cinema for ages. not been to tampa for even longer ;)

7. Petros

Petros Thief IV

The big gripe that I had was that the story pacing was poor; they didn't reveal the plot at the right times to help you relate to the story. Overall, it was all right, but a better director would have really made this movie shine.

By the way, it's movies like this that encourage silly goth kids to run around thinking they are vampires and write laughable blogs.

8. Sazar

you mean to tell me you didnt know what was going to happen the moment the elder vamp was awakened ? ;)

it was pretty obvious to me once lucien's character was shown that he was not all bad...

its a shame lucien was killed off so easily.. specially since he was responsible for the uprising so to speak.. but whatever...

9. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I didn't try to predict how the plot would go, it's the pacing I had a problem with. "IS THIS A FIGHT SCENE OR A SUSPENSE SCENE? FREAKING MAKE UP YOUR MIND, MOVIE". It was scenes like that, where it would alternate between fighting and suspense every 15 seconds. That's the director's fault. A new (or just improved) director would have made this a great movie, and changing should help in the sequel--assuming there is one, of course.

10. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I swear there was another Underworld thread

I love it. Loved the story loved the action, all of it. Cracking stuff, v.sexah!

Only slight complaint is that the Vampires (except that elder bloke) come of as a bit wussy, specially compared to the Lycon's

11. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I'm curious what is the time messurement for "ages" is it days, weeks, months, years?? :p