uh oh new monitor is acting up!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by the_music_man, Feb 2, 2004.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i just got a new monitor and its kinda doing the same thing as my old one. it will turn black for 1 sec then come up again. for my old monitor i knew it was doing that b/c it was old and etc. But I don';t know why my new one is doing it? ( BTW its running @ 1024 x 768 @ 72hz) It said it recommended 800x600 @ 80mhz but w/e. I hope I didn't put the refresh rate too high, im 99% sure i didn't so i think the problem is the graphics card or mobo? probably the mobo b/c its really gay and has been doing freaky things lately!!! as you know from my other thread i will be definitely geting a new mobo soon!!! Give me any info if you know any.

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

sound like your gfx card is having issues

3. the_music_man

it could be mobo issues tho rite.....hmm maybe i should get a mobo with built in video *gf4mx?

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

5. the_music_man

are there any disadvantages to microATx's?

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

i would think any new monitor should be able to handle 1024x768 @ 72hz easy theses days .. I would likely suspect the graphics card as well ... what monitor is it? also what power saving features do you have enabled .. perhaps its "sleeping" and your bringing it back?

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i think i have the same exact issue as you. mine does it about once a week, where i'll be looking at a page then the lcd will go black for a second and come back. happened to my friend too with a different chipset, monitor, and video card. the only common was they were both ti4200's. only started doing it after a certain driver release, too. and never during gaming.
    :confused:

nope. just they usually include less extra features than the full-atx boards for space and cost purposes. same speed and functionality, though. well, minus 2 or 3 pci slots.

8. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

some might see those as disadvantages hehe

9. the_music_man

3 pcis slots for me ist good enough. i think im going with a biostar

10. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, good point. i just don't see them as disadvantages. :)