Two Monitors from 0ne computer

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Capricorn, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

Anyone know the best and easiest way to run two monitors from one computer, is it best to use two Graphic Cards, One Graphic Card with two monitor connectors, or is there a splitter box that would allow two monitors to be connected to a Graphic Card with only one monitor connector?

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

One graphics card with two monitor connectors I would say. Having two graphics cards would be a more complicated situation in my opinion

3. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

I'm with Geffy on that one, i sometimes hook up two monitors on my PC it works fine all you have to do is go into the video card setting from the desktop (right click, properties) and change it to two monitors instead of one...
    This is definately the easiest way to go...
    -Jack

4. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

Thanks Guys

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

It really is up to your preference really. I would however strongly recommend getting one card with dual-output capability. More cards would also take up more slots in your PC, which is best to avoid if possible.

Breakout boxes (adapters to split into two), probably wouldn't be a good bet because the video quality wouldn't be as good as an internal dual-head card. Also, who needs more stuff on their desk :)

Depending on your needs, if it is dual VGA, dual DVI, or one of each, these cards have come way down in price.