Two game controllers

• Thread starter Captain Buffalo
  • Start date
C

Captain Buffalo

Hello all;

Using Xpro, I have two USB controllers, a Belkin n50 speedpad and a Saitek X36F joystick/throttle combo. The speedpad was installed first and functions fine. I installed the joystick today using the latest Saitek drivers, it is recognized by XP and seems okay. However, when trying to use it in a game, IWar2 in this case, it isn't recognised. Iwar2 doesn't have a way to select it as such, but when I tried to install the joystick sometime ago to use with MW:Vengence the same thing happened. With 98SE, all I had to do was move the controller to the #1 position and everything would be fine, but of course XP doesn't have this feature. ANY help would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

In the Game Controllers control panel applet, hit "Advanced", then select your stick as the preferred device. This effectively sets your stick as #1.

The SpeedPad only plays nicely with certain other brands of controllers -- I've found that MS is generally okay, and Gravis is a pain in the arse. I had a Saitek stick once, but before I owned the SpeedPad.

I cheated (since I don't use a true stick anymore) and got Belkin's dual-analog pad (the same as their PS2 pad, sans dual-shock compatibility) -- since it runs with the same software, it's much easier to handle. I figured it was worth it, since I can't live without my SpeedPad. Too bad Belkin doesn't make sticks.

Thanks Gnu, worked like a charm. I even got the loadout SW working.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back