Tweaking Shortcut Panel on "Open File..." form

L

Landrvr

Hey all,

I haven't found this tweak on the site yet, but I'm sure it's here. When opening a file in XP/2000 the system presents you with the regular "look in" pane and also just to it's left there is a section of the window that has icons that shortcut to various parts of the computer ('My Computer', 'My Network', 'Desktop', etc...). The ability to shortcut to different directories is great, it's just that the ones MS provides you with I will hardly ever use.

I figured that it would be difficult to describe exactly what I'm trying to convey so in this case "a picture is worth a thousand words" (I know, lame cliché). I've attached a pic. and boxed in on the left (in black) what I'm talking about. If anyone knows how (via registry additions or otherwise) to change these shortcuts to something more useful I would be much obliged.

Thanks to all!

Matt M. :)

get yourself a copy of xp powertoys and open up tweak UI. Take a look at the screenshot and the rest is self explanatory:)

Great!

Thanks much! Funny that you mentioned that. I've had TweakXP and tried that option a long time ago thinking that it was going to alter the shortcuts under Windows Explorer. When it didn't I wrote off the option in my mind all together. Haha, thanks for bringing that back to light for me!

Much appreciated!

-Matt :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back