Tweak Win2K!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by A_Mersser, Jul 13, 2002.

1. A_Mersser

A_Mersser Guest

I was reading up on alot of the tweeks that ppl use for WinXP and I was just wondering if anyone had a collection of tweeks specificly for Windows 2000. One tweek I would like to see for Win2K is faster boot up......right now my system boots up at 1m - 1m 20sec and thats kinda long. Thanks for any responces! :cool:

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Not flamming you or anything, but you probably would be better off looking for W2K tweaks in other forums, like neowin, for example. If you already knew about that other forum feel free to disregard this post. Just trying to help is all.

:cool:

3. A_Mersser

A_Mersser Guest

I didn't know about that place...thanks :cool:

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Just for further info, most of the tweaks for XP will also work for W2K, not all, but some,

:cool:

5. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Microsoft makes a program called bootvis, but Im almost sure it only works in win XP :rolleyes:

You can read about it HERE

The last time I rebooted was over a week ago....9 days + as you can see in the file attachment and it was 34 secs or so.

You should consider installing XP, and joining us ;) :p

6. A_Mersser

A_Mersser Guest

trust me, I wont be goin to XP anytime soon.....lol. I tried WinXP twice and I got rid of it each time not long after....I am content with Win2K cause it has the NTFS file system like XP, without all of XP's bugs.

No offence to WinXP users by the way, Its a great OS but its just not for me! :cool:

7. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Bugs???

Oh well to each his own... Good luck in your Win2K tweaking.:cool:

8. On my Win2k box I use TweakUI for most of my tweak's, still haven't found a way to increses the boot speed :( it dose depend alot on you system though.

9. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

:confused: You lost me...

You just said 2k is just like XP, file system and issues anyway...:confused:

10. PHiSHnz

PHiSHnz Guest

that bar with uptime and all looks really cool... where did u get it from? and that black theme.. can i have url for that too!? :)
    plz plz plz

11. PHiSHnz

PHiSHnz Guest

ok so it didn't quote the link to the pic, but grinder plz can i have the url for the theme \ program u use to get the black bar and the info bar

12. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

The Program is called StatBar, and you can download it HERE

The theme is called Grizzle II and you can download it HERE

13. A_Mersser

A_Mersser Guest

sorry dejav00, it was a typo, but I have it fixed there now

14. A_Mersser

A_Mersser Guest

does anyone else know if Boot-Vis is only for XP or if it'll work for Win2K as well?