TV Tuner????

disavowed00

OSNN Newbie
Quick question... Can I hook a PS2 up to a PCI TV tuner? My little brother has a huge monitor (bigger than his TV) and he wants to use a TV tuner so he can play his PS2 on a bigger screen. So will it work?

First off, Welcome to OSNN!!

not sure if it would work exactly. it might work if the PS2 has one of the kinds of connections that older Nintendo systems used to have, where it was hooked up between the actual TV cable, and the TV itself. other than that i can't think of any other way it would work. maybe someone else knows another way that works for certain.

edit: or is it a welcome BACK to OSNN? just noticed that you signed up in January of 2004 too...... u been gone a while?

If your PC's tuner card has composite (RCA) connections, and your PS2 has the same, then it's probably possible to play through the tuner software installed on the PC. I'm not sure what effect there would be on performance though, since you'd basically being plugging one computer into another.

If u have the atil all in wonder it comes with a adapter that u can hook up to the plugs and goes thru the screen. whole **** i wrote that only thing right! yeah! peaocie

yes... I play my xbox on my setup all the time... I have a breakout box that has rca inputs and its what I use...

keep in mind the resolution and img quality is setup for televisions (which are inferior to monitors)

this will cause some possible blurriness when he is playing but its not too noticeable when sitting a little ways away from the monitor...

I have been gone a while. He does have the coaxle cable for the hookup. What I was really worried about was lag between the PS2 and the PC. I kinda figured there would be a sligh delay from input to actually seing the result. This would be a bad thing for most games. Thanks for the help guys!

I didnt see a lag when i had my xbox hooked up. Everything should be fine just gotta worry about getting a BSD when your in an important part.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back