TV-Out and ASUS AGP-V7700 Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by WiZZie, Feb 18, 2002.

1. WiZZie

WiZZie Guest

I have a ASUS AGP-V7700 installed and I want to use the TV-Out feature of the card. I have connect the TV-Out port of the card with a S-VHS cable (S-VHS connector - SCART connector) to my TV set. I get the picture on the TV BUT it´s black and white!!!
    I have tryed both composite video and S-VHS output from the card.

Have tryed with two different TV´s and a VCR and I get the same
    D*me result!

I have checked all the pins in all connectors and ports and all looks fine.

I am using Nvidias 23.11 drivers.

Please help me!!! :confused:

Forgott to explain that the chip on the card is a Nvidia 2 GTS.
  2. icerabbit007

icerabbit007 Guest

you can set your monitor type in the properties of your vid card driver. is your monitor a pal type?
  3. WiZZie

WiZZie Guest

Yes it´s a PAL TV and I have tryed almost every possible combination. Differnt types of PAL , different freq´s and so on.
  4. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Des Moines,IA
    Hello, just wanted to say that I also have that card and the monitor out works OK. I am using NTSC format though, so the problem is probably due to some PAL setting.
  5. WiZZie

WiZZie Guest

Thanks for the reply and it´s good to hear that´it´s working for someone. But we dont have exactly the same card, the one I´ve got is a AGP-V7700/M64 and it´s a bit different from the one You got. I have also learned that even if you have two card with the same modelnumber on, they don´t necessarely have the same TV-Out chip on them:rolleyes:

I found a site in Germany and a utility that might help the situation. It lets you tweak a lot more setting on the TV-Out side of the card. I will get back when I have had the time to test it out.