Turtle Beach Santa Cruz or SB live

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GoNz0, Aug 7, 2002.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

Im having trouble finding out whats so good about santa cruz audio cards. I got 1 sat infront of me & my trusty SB live 5.1 installed.
    I would like to know if the turtle beach is better for gaming than the SB live, I'm a hardcore gamer and thats all i want my PC for, just wondering if its worth dropping this santa cruz in.:rolleyes:

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

I just found the santa cruz is 20 bit, and seems to support directsound & other gaming stuff, my SB live 5.1 is 16 bit.:D

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

thats my other choice, a nice OEM audoligy 24 bit card for about 50 quid....

4. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

turtlebeach m8 - much better than soundblasters - i wish id got one instead of this live crap :(

5. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

The Turtle beach has better digital support, if i remember correctly too, think it has optical out(TOS), or iam i thinking of the Hercules muse?!

6. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

I have the Santa Cruz and its love all the way. Also a hardcore gamer. Much better than creative.

7. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

aye, the turtle beach has the digital out - im pretty sure it does.

its a l33t card imo - wish i had spent the extra 30 or so quid at the time of gettin the sb live and got it.