Tungsten E Hot Sync Problem

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by R32, Apr 3, 2006.

1. R32

R32 OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi, I have not performed a Hot Sync for about 6 months and will not connect to the computer anymore. My palm was completely discharged. I have tried uninstalling the Palm Desktop and Hot Sync manager as well as resetting the device itslelf but it still wont connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

can you charge it now? i had the same problem with my clie... i had to recharge it, then hard reset before it would recognize it... all data will be deleted so make sure you back up your palm folder on your comp...

3. R32

R32 OSNN One Post Wonder

Ya it still charges, but even after the hard reset it wont connect.

4. Techno Child

what do you mean won't connect? does it freeze or does it not do anything at all? what happens right when you push hotsync?

5. R32

R32 OSNN One Post Wonder

It just says "Connecting with the desktop using Cradle/Cable" but doesnt actually connect.

6. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Are you using Serial or USB? Have you configured the proper connection in the Hotsync properties?

I would do an un-install, as well as delete the files from C:\Palm. I am pretty sure that is the path, although it may vary. The uninstall still leaves files behind that you would want to delete to ensure a smooth re-installation where everything is re-detected properly. If it is USB, and you have the option, jack it into a new USB port as well.

7. R32

R32 OSNN One Post Wonder

Thanks chief, I have already tried both of those options and nothing worked, im clueless as to what the problem could be.

8. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Create a new user profile on the system, give that a shot. The hardware/software should be independent to the user profile. If that works, copy the files from the old profile.

9. Techno Child

NO NO NO!!! i know what the problem is.... i think -- my clie did that when i was using a faulty usb hub... if you are using a hub, plug it direct, if not maybe your usb cable's messed up...

10. R32

R32 OSNN One Post Wonder

Thanks for the help everyone, I have tried all the things you have suggested and it still will not work, new USB cable, new user profile etc. Could it be the Palm itself?

11. Techno Child

doubt it... it sounds like a connection problem between the two... don't know what else to recommend except that there is definetly something between your palm and the comp that is messed up...