True Time for Reflection

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
This last week has been a bit of a helacious one. I'll give a brief re-cap.

Last Friday - PC died. No need to go into more detail, it's already been beaten to a horse.

Saturday/Sunday go by - frustration over P.O.S. computer that I JUST bought, looking at parts to get, scrounging up money to buy them with.

Monday A.M. - Order parts, paid for rush processing and overnight shipping with Newegg - something I have never paid for before.

Monday P.M. - Newegg always updates their status almost instantly. As of 6 PM EST - still showed at least by their system my card had not yet been charged. I checked my bank, money is gone :eek:

I talked to someone online, system is down, it will ship tomorrow. ****

Tuesday A.M. - Hoping to find a miracle when I woke up, Newegg still didn't ship, will be here Wednesday. This stunk because I was to build Tuesday morning when I had some free time. Oh well, wasn't going to happen.

Tuesday P.M. - I get a call from my Best Friend's wife, wanted a surprise party for his birthday on Wednesday.

[before I go further, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday is the due date for their baby/his birthday/and their anniversary respectively]

Wednesday 5PM - show up for surprise party, her water broke on the way home from Costco picking up cake for party. We all head to the hospital (27 people) at 5:30 PM

Wednesday 6:30 PM - Doctor confirms contractions are real and the baby will be coming :)

The whole night goes by and nothing. At this point everyone had gone home except for the parents, my friend and his wife, as well as Erica and myself.

Thursday 3:15 PM (roughly 21 hours later) baby is finally born - naturally :)

The baby is the most precious thing in the world. Father, Mother and daughter (Julia) are all happy, healthy and resting peacefully.

Moral of the story is - I was all pissed off about my computer, stressed about work, worried about little things, and then this happens. It really makes you remember what's important.

Erica and I are in love now more than ever, and I can't wait for us to have a child - in a few years anyways :p

Kinda mushy - but seeing such a beautiful baby will do that to ya ;)

hold on to that last 3 sentences man. its worth more than all the money in this world. :)

Grandmaster said:
Cool :)

I got a new baby cousin last week ;)

Coolest part for me was being there for the whole birth. Really opens your eyes and helps you appreciate life how it is :)

VenomXt said:
hold on to that last 3 sentences man. its worth more than all the money in this world. :)

Couldn't have put it better myself.

kcnychief said:
Coolest part for me was being there for the whole birth. Really opens your eyes and helps you appreciate life how it is :)

I would have been at the hospital, but the hospital is half way across the world :p

Funny though, everyone in our entire family knew about the baby within an hour. Gotta love the Internet ;D

kcnychief said:

Life is a wonderful thing.... i made the mistake and watched the discovery health channel a few weeks ago and aparently they actually show birth.. man.. im glad im a man.

kcnychief said:

Yah.. im recently lost what your feeling so i mean it when i say hold on to it. Nothing is worth losing that. Nothing. But sometimes we have to find out the hard way in life.

Very cool KC!!! Very Cool!!! remember this thread when you get run down after the yet to be child is here.

VenomXt said:
Life is a wonderful thing.... i made the mistake and watched the discovery health channel a few weeks ago and aparently they actually show birth.. man.. im glad im a man.

My feelings back in 7th Grade. Saw a video in class. :speechless:

Neato

My best buddy just had a kid and his now girlfriend since they werent together when she was pregnet (long story). They had a boy and they graduate this year and its been crazy for them.

Then his brother who is my 2nd best bud had a kid with his girlfriend well wife now and he is 19. The had a girl

Its crazy cause they were 9 days apart and found out 9 days from each other when they found out they were pregnet.

Hope things stay strong with your woman :).

Tittles said:
Neato

My best buddy just had a kid and his now girlfriend since they werent together when she was pregnet (long story). They had a boy and they graduate this year and its been crazy for them.

Then his brother who is my 2nd best bud had a kid with his girlfriend well wife now and he is 19. The had a girl

Its crazy cause they were 9 days apart and found out 9 days from each other when they found out they were pregnet.

Hope things stay strong with your woman :).
Warm thoughts all around, I hope everything works out for your friends as well :)

kcnychief said:
Warm thoughts all around, I hope everything works out for your friends as well :)

Yea

My buddy has matured alot and is starting to do better. He was more of a slacker and didnt care much during the pregnecy cause he is so young and didnt know what to do

His brother and his wife are fine

My bud thinks I will be next since I am talking to his girlfriends sister. I was like dude that would be ****ing weird if I had a kid with your girlfriends sister. Then again I could be one step closer to being related to him even tho I know his whole family lol

So I take it the computer isnt together or whats the deal?

Computer is about 90%, have to hook up a few more pieces and then neaten (tie) everything up.

Hopefully sometime Saturday, or Sunday.

I will only end up getting about 3 hours of sleep tonight, goin back to the Hospital pretty early and have to go into work early tomorrow too. I don't care though, I'm still very excited :)

VenomXt said:

wimp.
I was there for both of my kids...there are things worse than childbirth.

falconguard said:
wimp.

Certainly, but I don't think having your waist expand is much fun :p

falconguard said:
wimp.

i had a compound fracture to my leg.. yah bone sticking out... i think that is the worst thing.. but child birth.. im stil glad im a guy. and my future wife gets to break my hand during it instead of me doing it. hehe

Definitely glad I'm a guy as well.

22 hours of labor? No thanks :p

my wife had two 8+ pounders in under 30 both times, so I guess gravity was the controlling factor there. The really funny part is that she went through 2 pregnancies thinking that all she got were cramps. It wasn't until after our daughter was born did we find out these were contractions, boy did we feel like dumb#@$$. To make matters worse she's an RN in a family of RNs. My son was the worst he was 8lbs 10oz and 22 inches my wife is only 5'. childbirht might be painful, but ask them if they remember it? My wife doesn't, I have to remind her everytime she sees a new baby.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back