Trouble with Intel Webcam

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sinster, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Sinster

Sinster Moderator

If I plug the webcam into Main USB ports. If I open any programs that utilizes the webcam it locks up those 2 usb ports. So my mouse will not work cause its using the other USB port. If I plug my USB Hub into the port where the webcam was. I still get the same thing. IF I plug my cam into the USB ports 2 (the second set of USB ports) It doesn't lock up my mouse. However the cam works for about 4 seconds and locks. I have been to Intels webpage to see if there was a e-mail tech support. I couldn't find one.. I was able to find a phone number. I have the lastest drivers I think Driver Provider : Intel
    Driver Date: 12/3/2001
    Driver Version: 6.0.0.38

Driver details
    ICAM3d2.sys
    ks.sys
    stream.sy
    USBCAMD2.sys
    Icam3com.dll
    Icam3ext.dll
    Icam3UNI.hlp
    Icam3UNI.Irc
    iyuv_32.dll
    ksproxy.ax
    ksuser.dll
    kswdmcap.ax
    ksxbar.ax
    msh263.drv
    mysuv.dll
    scale_en.dll
    tsbyuv.dll
    vfwwdm32.dll
    longsnp.wav
    shortsnp.wav
    usbtwain.ds
    usbtwENU.cnt
    usbtwENU.hlp
    usbtwENU.Irc

There is also a patch for Dx8. I tried that and it telling me that it can't locate the proper software.

Setup Did not find the version of Intel® Create & Share® Software for wich this update is intended. Setup will exit now.

2. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

You can try going to your motherboard manufacturers website and see if they have updated usb drivers. Are you sure the version of the Create and Share software that you have is compatible with XP?

3. Sinster

Sinster Moderator

Yes someone posted the link here, and Intel sent me the link also.