Trouble with Artec Ultima 2000

S

Shahid Ashrif

Hi, everybody! First time joining a forum.

I was happily living with Windows 98 and my Artec scanner which I use mostly for scanning texts - easier to store and pass to some of the students I teach occasionally at De Montfort university. Problems began with booting up the computer. Technician decided the solution was to load Windows Me.

I've reloaded all the other programme since Window ME was loaded but have had trouble getting the Ultima 1236USB to function. I use Textbridge Pro 11 (with which I'm very happy) to scan text. The error dialoguebox told me to ensure scanner was connected (DUSB2AR).

Since discovering your website I downloaded the free driver software (u2k_Full) for Artec scanner and reloaded Textbridge.

The error dialoguebox is now entitled SCNPANEL and reads as: TWAIN error. Failed to open TWAIN driver.

I get the same error message when I try my MGI PhotoSuite.

All the required software components are there on the C drive - I've checked!

This problem is driving me crazy and preventing me from doing scanning!

Somebody please help!!!!!

Shahid

First off, anyone who suggested loading ME should be tarred and feathered. Especially since there should have been a cost in the upgrade from 98 to ME, and you should have gone to XP since neither one are supported by Microsoft after June 11th.

That being said...

I would try to re-install the drivers, use these -

http://www.helpdrivers.com/ingles/listado/dow.asp?codigo=87538

Most of the time TWAIN errors are related to communication issues. You may even want to check your cabling, assuming it's USB make sure it's tight on both ends and swap out the cable if you can find one.

Does Windows see the scanner? If you go to the Device Manager is it listed? I believe it will be under an entry of scanning and image devices, or something similar.

If Windows can't see it, then it's definitely hardware related because it should at least show up as a Yellow Exclamation point or question mark.

The USB scanner icon is there under cameras/scanners, and I note that in TWAIN_32 folder along with the ARTECUSB there is an icon for scan32. Computer has asked if I want my scanner to be 1236USB and I have confirmed when software was loaded.

I'm going to take your advice and see what happens

Thanks
Shahid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back