trouble removing Duel Boot with XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by MunkayboyPC, Jun 6, 2002.

1. MunkayboyPC

MunkayboyPC Guest

I am having trouble removing XP duel boot. I installed it and when I did I realized it installed on H drive so when I went to re install it I thoght I whipped everything on H drive off but it still set it up as a duel boot. How to I edit it out or can I?

2. Waldo

Waldo Guest

Just open boot.ini in Notepad and delete the entire line that contains the other boot option.

3. MunkayboyPC

MunkayboyPC Guest

Where would I find the boot.ini I tried looking for it last night and I couldn't find it? I removed do not view hidden files so I could see everything and I even did a search for any files on my system for anything called boot unless it just doesn't show up in a search

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

if you can't find a boot.ini in the root of your c: drive, i'm baffled. }:\ double-check hidden and system files are viewable.

5. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Go to folder options>uncheck "Hide operating system protected files"and youll see it in your c drive

6. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Right click on my computer,

Advanced

statup and recovery

settings

Make sure the default O/S is the right one !!

Untick "time to display lis of operating systems"

Apply

:D

7. tombmaster1

tombmaster1 Guest

You can also use msconfig to edit which OS come up with the duel boot screen.

tombmaster

8. MunkayboyPC

MunkayboyPC Guest

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SSSSSSSSSoooooooooooooo much I am a lil thick headed some times