Track IP Address Using Sympatico

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by poser, May 12, 2002.

1. poser

poser Guest

I have this weird situation. I am on mIRC sometimes, and this person in a channel wanted to know who I was, and I wouldn't tell. So they got my IP address and said that they were going to call Sympatico and say that I was harrassing them, and that I would get my account cancelled. Does anyone know if I have anything to worry about? I have not done anything wrong, but I am worried because this person knows my IP. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    You have nothing to worry about. A major ISP does not have time for such claims. However, if he were to provide proof of DoS (DDoS) attacks then you might have something to worry about. Regardless, move on and you'll be fine.
  3. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

Take it easy Poser, they person that was saying that stuff to ya was jsut being a dumb ass, and trying to freek you out.

every one that uses IRC can get some one elsis IP
    when u look up some one you get there nic name channel ip addy, ident etc , so chill out :D and dont listen to the Lamers that say they can do this and that , or what ever,
    at worst if you were harassing them they woudl have to provide Chat logs to the channel OP Op's then your ip range and nick woudl be baned from that channel.