To patch or not to patch ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZAnwar, Aug 26, 2002.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I have got Messennger 5.0.0124, I can't connect to it. Should I patch it, where you could then connect into the MSN servers !

If so, where can I get the patch from ?

2. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Im not sure about patching this, but there was a version that came out some time ago which had a bug that prevented you from logging on.

If you REALLY want to go with Beta software which is as you are finding usually more trouble than its worth, then i suggest you have a look at http://msbetas.net/windowsxp/.

*NOTE to moderators*

If this is against the rules, sorry, im not sure what your views are on Beta software sites?

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

thanks man

4. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Where can I get the patch for it to work ???

5. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

All i said was that there was a leak of the BETA a while ago which prvented you from logging on with messenger due to a bug. The latest version of the Messenger 5 is available at that website.

This should work and if not i would suggest that this may not be due to a problem with the messenger 5 software as this is the latest build.

As far as I am aware NO patch is needed to get this version to log on.

Good Luck

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

if I remember right, the msn 5 beta was available at www.thedigitalresource.com also there was a lin available on our frontpage but that link went down.. :(

7. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Where can I download a beta of messenger 5 that works ?