Tivo or Digital box from Cable Co. (Moxi Box)

Bucky Badger

OSNN Addict
If you had the choice which would you use. Buy a 40hr Tivo for $99.00 and a life time Tivo membership for $300.00. Or pay $5.00 rental for box and $10.00 a month for service from the cable co. (Charter). 27 Months times $15.00=$405.00. A no brainer? Tivo?

Wish mine was that cheap, cost me around £60 a month with bskyb, (£41 by DD+ some pay per view). Thats $115 in your currency I think.

Go for one that is per month as a 1 time fee could mean the company go down the pan and you're having to find another company.

Lee said:
Wish mine was that cheap, cost me around £60 a month with bskyb, (£41 by DD+ some pay per view). Thats $115 in your currency I think.

Go for one that is per month as a 1 time fee could mean the company go down the pan and you're having to find another company.

This is for the DVR and DVR service only, not the regular cable. That runs about $100.00 month.

Tivo is very popular and is almost a monopoly, Don't think they will go out of business. Besides after 27 months it pays for it self.

Ohh I.C. never had cable use a satellite dish, so not sure, I will give you a link maybe there is more info on opinions from others at a geek site I use.

www.satelliteguys.us

Bucky, I have the cable box, now I can't imagine life without it.
I too have charter, and every three months you can call them and ask if they are having any specials, should take the cost of your service down 30-49 bucks. My wife does it all the time.

Very happ with the Charter service as a whole.

Friend of mine swears by the Tivo option - so I would say that one (didn't know it was still available in the US - we cannot get it in the UK anymore, the hradware that is - not because they went out of business though - because Mr Murdock (Sky) bought up all the rights to take out the competition!)... For what it is worth Tivo listings etc are all fully operational despite this - there is a thriving market in second hand TIVOs with their life-time licenses! So I would go for that one - it even has a resale value!

However have to say that I am not a user myself - Lord is and he might just post here - I believe his opinion may be different.

Mainframeguy said:
Friend of mine swears by the Tivo option - so I would say that one (didn't know it was still available in the US - we cannot get it in the UK anymore, the hradware that is - not because they went out of business though - because Mr Murdock (Sky) bought up all the rights to take out the competition!)... For what it is worth Tivo listings etc are all fully operational despite this - there is a thriving market in second hand TIVOs with their life-time licenses! So I would go for that one - it even has a resale value!

However have to say that I am not a user myself - Lord is and he might just post here - I believe his opinion may be different.

I will be waiting for My Lord...LOL

What DVR is your service going to give you if you sign up?
I have the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000.

Lee said:
You pay that to watch repeats?? Are you mad?? :speechless: :eek: :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back