Tiger and cordless keyboard

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by Xie, May 7, 2005.

1. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

So I noticed that since upgrading to Tiger upon boot up it prompts me telling me it doesn't know what kind of keyboard. I have to push the letter beside both shift keys and then all is good. It just seems odd this is happening as this keyboard never had such an issue with Panther. Not a huge issue (have only seen it twice - reboot after installing Tiger and reboot tonight to install KVM).

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Are you using an Apple keyboard? If not, did you install updated software for it?

3. Xie

Nope and nope. :) I never ran the software crap from Logitech on my XP box either.

4. muzikool

I have the Logitech MX700 cordless mouse with its software installed and it functions better than without. It's something that might be worth a shot. You can always remove it if it gives you trouble.

5. Xie

Perhaps I'll give it a shot. I don't really reboot much so if thats the only time I have to deal with it I can probably handle it. :) I just don't get why it would be fine under Panther and not Tiger. Also I'm not sure I want all that keybinding crap that the Logitech drivers are going to add to my keyboard. :(

6. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Don't do it :p. Try plugging it into a different port. Also wait till the 10.4.1 Mac OS X update is available.

7. muzikool

I agree about the update... may as well wait since it's coming soon.

8. Xie

Doubt moving it to the other would do anything anyhoo. It really isn't much of a bother was just wondering if anyone else had seen this is all. :)