Thurrott: Vista Beta 2 (5381) to be a Public Preview...

I'm tipsy. :D

I haven't siogned nto connect for months, do they delete accounts? I wonder if I could get a build today to install?

:D

I think you asked this question before. They don't delete accounts, but your "participation" as it is referenced, is restricted to what software you are eligible to download and test. That being said, Beta 2, which will be out this week sometime, will be a public download :)

I opted for the physical media way back when the beta program had just started. I'll be downloading the build once its up anyway, but I wanted to have the discs as geek-memorabilia. :D

Plus, if I really want to go for the Vista launch, I just need to talk to the right people. The problem is time...have to see if I'll have the time to go whenever they decide to have the event.

I wanna go!

Download baby, still have the dvds once they're burned anyway

NetRyder said:
I opted for the physical media way back when the beta program had just started. I'll be downloading the build once its up anyway, but I wanted to have the discs as geek-memorabilia. :D

Yeah I think by getting the pre-beta 2 media you void you chance of being picked as one of the 150 zillion testers to go to the launch.

I am also really hoping to go to the Seattle launch (or the main one at least), but will have to see what Microsoft decide to do with us as there will obviously be a Europe launch and maybe the miserable gits at Microsoft UK will do something too.

fasionoide said:
I think you need to be a msdn subscriber to get MSV b 2...

Download the Latest Windows Vista

If you are not already a member of the Windows Vista beta program, there are still two ways to obtain the latest public CTP or beta version of Windows Vista.
  • MSDN Subscriptions - If you have an MSDN Subscription (Operating System level or higher), you can download the latest version of Windows Vista.
    (Read information on purchasing an MSDN Subscription)
  • Windows Vista Beta Program - Windows Vista Beta 2 will shipping soon! To be considered for beta membership, please register for the world-wide Windows Vista Beta Experience.
Read more at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista/downloads/getthebeta/default.aspx#downloadWindowsVista

Latest Vista beta on MSDN is 5308 at the moment, just checked.
Pretty sure this build was supposed to be public, but I have no idea how MS will do it... a 700 meg image sure (though still a huge chunk) but this thing is several gigs.

Electronic Punk said:
Latest Vista beta on MSDN is 5308 at the moment, just checked.
Pretty sure this build was supposed to be public, but I have no idea how MS will do it... a 700 meg image sure (though still a huge chunk) but this thing is several gigs.
5381 is the latest beta, so i doubt 5308 will be public :s

yeah msdn people didn't get 5308, just tap and connect testers.

Beta 5308 sucks, i got an dvd whit it... so many bugs and crash when you trying to start different programs :S

many things, tons of bug fixes, improved stablity and performance, more drivers, network fixes, blah blah. :)

Hello, I am new here. I had filled up the Physical Media Survey:nervous:. Too desperate to get my hands on the BETA 2 DVD. So is there any confirmation when will they start distributing to MS CONNECT users, ie, when will then send it to our door steps (I am in Bangladesh, I know its a long way...)

Thanks in advance

BTW My name is Ridwan. And please point out my mistakes to me, I will try to avoid them :)

Ridwan, I'm here in California, and I haven't received the Beta 2 DVDs yet. I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks. I just downloaded the build from Connect and installed it in the meantime. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back