Thumbnail - Not Working !!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by percyv143, Oct 2, 2002.

1. percyv143

percyv143 Guest

THUMBNAIL - NOT WORKING !!!
    hi, i need help... my thumbnail vie wis not working! i have xp pro and had just installed mpeg player and now the thumbnails are gone... it only shows thumbnails for .avi files but for mpg it just shows the windowsmovieplayer icon. i had already un-installed the mpeg player but it has the same problem. what do i need to do. thanks in advance...

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

To repair thumbnail view for video files you can find a reg file made by Dirk Diggler here

3. Phantom_24

Phantom_24 Guest

Had the SAME problem after I installed a Winamp 3 beta !!!!!!

Hey YoYo...thats a dead link btw for that fix! Got another mirror?! I need the fix as well !!!

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

5. Phantom_24

Phantom_24 Guest

yep....right after installing beta 2 or 3 of WinAmp 3 !!! Funny how NOW after all that...they kind of decided to remove any real movie support from WinAmp 3 !! Hehehe......guess they need to work on that one some more......

6. percyv143

percyv143 Guest

i tried the link you gave Yoyo and followed the steps to re-do my thumbnails but it was still not working. thumbnails for jpgs, gifs, wmw works but for mpg movies thumbnails are not showing only the big icon of windows-movie-player. what else could i do? thanks.

7. do u really absolutely must have those thumbnails? if that fix doesnt work but u still want it, the only thing i can think of , maybe reinstall divx codec , better get nimo pack. i think that might help. never tryed though. in the worst caase scenario u can format and not install that player again

8. Phantom_24

Phantom_24 Guest

fix worked for me...THANX YoYo !!

9. percyv143

percyv143 Guest

ok, i will try that. thanks for the advise.. :)