Theory - Raid 0 CDR

H

HaxCode

Ok, here goes.....

Is it possible (ie would it work like this) to place two of the exact same brand/model of CD-W's on RAID-0? I was thinking that if you did this and used the exact same CDW's and exact same brand of CD's and burnded a CD it would actually split it among the two cd's.....This way if you had some extremely confidential files you could use this method since the OS would see the CDW's as 1 drive instead of 2.

So if you were to take out one of the CD's then it wouldn't work at all and no one else could view either cd on a normal CD-Rom. Now the only draw back is that you always have to use two cd's so of course you wouldn't use this as your primary cd-rom.

Make sense?

I figure it would be great for security or to go the extra 100 miles to protect data from unwanted eyes.

Hax

Let me know what you guys/gals think

It's an interesting theory, but the problem is the windows doesn't write to CDRWS/CDRS natively, even XP uses a 'service' to accomplish this.

I think the RAID BIOS will disallow RAID 0/1 if it doesn't detect hard discs on the channels

But failing that, windows will see it as two drives, just as if they are on standard IDE channels, or windows might not even recognise the devices at all (and crash).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back