The ULTIMATE keyboard...

I'd be in for one.

It would be nice to program the keyboard for different games. Not to mention it would be nice to download new keyboard pictures for different programs. And say you press the Shift key, it would capitalize all of the letters on the keyboard. Or if you use the Ctrl key, it would change a bunch of the keys to pictures of programs you can quick launch.

That would make computing so much nicer.

ShepsCrook said:
I'd be in for one.

It would be nice to program the keyboard for different games. Not to mention it would be nice to download new keyboard pictures for different programs. And say you press the Shift key, it would capitalize all of the letters on the keyboard. Or if you use the Ctrl key, it would change a bunch of the keys to pictures of programs you can quick launch.

That would make computing so much nicer.

I agree. Another thing, if the keys light up to display the pic they you could type in the dark and still see the keys. :)

PT: Any approximations on cost yet?

AL: I can hardly imagine it to be less than $200 to $300 (USD). Sounds like a lot for a keyboard, but most modern mobile phones cost about that.
:eek:

does anyone know the price and when it will enter the market? i soo want one, i saw this thread when it was created, but didnt login.btw im in sharm el sheikh now with friends, this place never seems to get boring, such beautiful sunrises etc

ElementalDragon said:
just so everyone know's........ WOOT

Thanks for the update (Rep Points!!)

PT: Any word on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux compatibility?
AL: I see no reason to make keyboard OS-dependant. As you can see from the current layout we have enough keys for Win or Mac control keys. As well, we made the keyboard several keys larger than usual QWERTY to comfortable fit all the Cyrillic letters (there are 33 of them).

Nice Idea!

PT: What kind of material is the Optimus made out of?
AL: The body is aluminum-wrapped.

Nice :D

themafia: the quote in the post right above yours says what the cost will be estimated around. and in the Q&A article i posted in my last post, it says that they're expecting the keyboard to be out in the public in about a year.

They have a FAQ up now that answers some questions people (/. crowd) had. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back